Want a dream come true this holiday season? Make this soap-free face wash for naturally clean skin!
I was talking to Lavender and Frankincense essential oils today, and they had a few great ideas for celebrating the season.
- Make a gratitude list of things that fill your heart with joy. (Lavender even likes to keep a “gratitude journal,” where it writes down things that it feels thankful for every day.)
- Take the time to connect with your friends and family.
- Make delicious food and share it with people you care for.
- Donate to a charity that is making a big difference in the world!
- Exchange gifts with your friends and family.
- Diffuse essential oils to create a festive, joyous atmosphere.
- Make Aromatherapy products for truly unique gifts that people can’t find anywhere else!
Here’s a recipe that you can make for yourself or as a gift for someone on your list. It’s a soap-free face wash that cleanses your skin and cares for it at the same time.
Personally, I don’t like to use soap on my face. It can feel so drying. So when Lavender and Frankincense shared this recipe with me, I was in love!
If you’ve been looking for a way to wash your face that removes impurities from skin, does not clog pores, and moisturizes, this face wash is going to be a wish come true! (I shared this recipe on YouTube, and it’s received over 29,000 views and a lot of positive comments!)
Wish Come True Soap-Free Face Wash
- ¾ oz (22.5 ml) argan oil (Argania spinosa)
- ¼ oz (7.5 ml) aloe vera gel (Aloe barbadensis)
- 1 drop Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
- 1 drop Frankincense essential oil (Boswellia carterii)
Make this blend in a 1 oz glass bottle. Combine the argan oil and aloe, add the drops of essential oil, and shake well.
Use this blend just like soap. Get your face damp with a warm wet cloth, massage the soap-free face wash into your skin, and then wipe it gently clean. This blend is nourishing for all kinds of skin, including damaged skin, sensitive skin, and mature skin.
There’s not a lot of essential oil in this blend, because I don’t like to use too much essential oil on my face. Two drops is perfect.
And Frankincense and Lavender’s last tip for enjoying the season . . . care for yourself. Self love is such a fundamental aspect to our well-being, yet it can easily get lost in busy schedules and doing things for others.
“Self care” doesn’t have to mean taking an entire day for yourself. (Although that is wonderful!) You can create little moments in the day that help you connect with self love. This soap-free face wash is a great way to do that.
Caring for ourselves allows us to be more present for the people in our lives who matter most. So take care, and enjoy your holidays!