Don’t worry, be happy with this essential oil solid perfume!
Making an essential oil solid perfume is a GREAT way to support your emotions!
Since a solid perfume is a balm, it doesn’t absorb too quickly into your skin. And the beeswax helps “fix” the essential oils, so they don’t evaporate as quickly as they might in a liquid perfume recipe.
This means the essential oils linger longer, making their gorgeous, mood-enhancing aromas more available throughout the day.
In this post, I’m making a solid perfume with essential oils to inspire optimism and peace!
First, I’ll give you the recipe, then we’ll talk about why I chose these specific essential oils.
Fragonia™ Uplifting Solid Perfume
- 2.5 oz (75 ml) Jojoba oil (Simmondsia chinensis)
- ½ oz (14 g) Beeswax (Cera alba)
- 20 drops Fragonia™ essential oil (Agonis fragrans)
- 20 drops Pinyon Pine essential oil (Pinus edulis)
- 15 drops Patchouli essential oil (Pogostemon cablin)
You’ll need three 1 oz (30 ml) tins (or glass jars) for making this solid perfume.
- Set up the “Stovetop Melting Method.” Place a Pyrex measuring cup in a cooking pot that’s ¼ full of gently boiling water. (Leave the handle of the Pyrex hanging outside the pot so it doesn’t get too hot.)
- Put the beeswax in the Pyrex and melt.
- Add the jojoba and melt.
- Remove the blend from heat and add the essential oils, stirring gently with a glass stirring rod or the handle of a stainless steel spoon.
- Carefully pour the melted perfume into the 1 oz (30 ml) tins.
- Set the lids on top so the essential oils don’t evaporate as the perfume solidifies.
Apply your essential oil solid perfume as desired to your wrists, neck, and anywhere you’d like to smell good! (I suggest keeping the perfume away from your eyes, and from very sensitive or irritated skin.)
Another great thing about making essential oil solid perfume? It doesn’t leak! Drop your tin of perfume into your bag or carry it in your pocket, so you can re-apply it throughout the day.
How will these essential oils help you feel optimistic?
Fragonia™ (Agonis fragrans)
Notice the “trademark” symbol after Fragonia’s™ name? That’s because this variety of Fragonia™ essential oil always comes from The Paperbark Co. in Australia.
Fragonia™ is emotionally clarifying, helping to cleanse out low energy that keeps you feeling stuck in negative cycles. It’s also calming to the nervous system (thanks to the linalool content—a component that’s been researched, and proven to be deeply relaxing).
Fragonia™ ushers in a fresh, peaceful flow of energy.
Pinyon Pine (Pinus edulis)
There is something so refreshing about conifer essential oils!
Pinyon Pine’s sweet, woody, evergreen scent helps to clear the head. This is a great essential oil to have around during cold and flu season. It can help prevent infections, keep your energy up, and bring you energy and motivation.
Pinyon Pine adds a woodsy note to your solid perfume, with the clarity and inspiration that can come from spending time among the trees.
Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin)
A classic essential oil for inspiring a peaceful heart!
Feeling a bit overwhelmed? Patchouli essential oil is an expert at relieving stress and putting things in perspective. Let Patchouli ground you in the peace of the moment.
Patchouli can help you breathe deeply and remind you that You got this!
Have you used any of these oils? If so, share your experience in the comments, so others can get a sense of whether making this essential oil solid perfume could help them.
Topics: natural perfume, perfume with essential oils, essential oil perfume, essential oils for emotional support, essential oil roll on, essential oil roll on recipe, essential oil roller ball, fragonia essential oil