An all-natural itch stick recipe that you can make to stop itching naturally!
Truly calming an itch is about more than scratching.
Or putting your arm in the freezer, hoping the cold helps you stop itching!
In fact, you’ve probably experienced how too much scratching can actually make things worse. It can stir up more inflammation in sensitive skin, cause irritation, and lead to even more itchiness.
Let’s learn how to stop itching naturally before we damage our skin or freeze our arms!
There are a lot of essential oils that can help you stop itching.
How? Because they’re so good at calming inflammation and irritation.
When we combine certain essential oils with skin-nourishing ingredients like shea butter and coconut oil, we can create a natural itch relief stick that helps soothe skin’s layers more deeply than on the surface.
We can even encourage irritated, itchy skin to heal!
And since we want fast relief from itching, I’m including some comforting and cooling essential oils in this itch stick, too—Peppermint and Eucalyptus.
Stop Itching Naturally! Cool Blue Chamomile Itch Relief Stick
- 1 oz (28 g) beeswax (Cera alba)
- 1.5 oz (42 g) coconut oil (Cocos nucifera)
- 1.5 oz (42 g) shea butter (Vitellaria paradoxa/Butyrospermum parkii)
- 24 drops Peppermint essential oil (Mentha × piperita)
- 18 drops Eucalyptus essential oil (Eucalyptus globulus)
- 17 drops German Chamomile essential oil (Matricaria recutita)
- 13 drops Blue Tansy essential oil (Tanacetum annuum)
How to make it:
- First, set up your “Stovetop Melting Method.” Place a Pyrex measuring cup in a soup pot that’s about ¼ full of gently boiling water. We don’t want the water boiling too much, since we don’t want it splashing up into the Pyrex. A low simmer should do.
- Melt the beeswax in the Pyrex.
- Add the coconut oil and melt.
- Add the shea butter and melt. As soon as the shea butter is all melted, remove the blend from heat.
- Add the essential oils and stir them in gently, using a glass stirring rod or the handle of a stainless steel spoon.
- Pour your melted blend into five roll-up lotion bar tubes. (At Aromatics International, the lotion bar tubes hold about ¾ of an oz (22 ml), so you’ll need five of them.)
Use your itch relief stick to stop itching naturally when you’ve been bit by a bug, can’t stop scratching dry skin, or have irritated areas that need deep nourishment.
And while you may not want to stand by your freezer with your arm in it . . . you can definitely store this itch relief stick in the fridge, so it feels extra cool when you smooth it on! (You may have to hold it against your skin for a few moments until it softens up.)
Topics: German Chamomile, peppermint essential oil, cooling essential oils, itchy skin natural remedy, eucalyptus essential oil, blue tansy essential oil, fast relief from itching, soothe irritated skin, skin soothing, soothe itchy skin naturally