How to Make Jet Lag Cream . . . and Any Other Blend You Need when You’re Traveling!
Cardamom essential oil loves to travel with essential oils.
It wants to see every country, meet new people, try new food, and experience different cultures. It especially likes traveling to meet farmers and distillers who produce essential oils around the world. (I feel like Cardamom and I have a lot in common . . .)
And Cardamom definitely wants to stay healthy during all of its travels.
One day it traveled to Somaliland to visit its friend Frankincense . . .
Frankincense: Cardamom, why are you lugging all those big heavy suitcases? Those can’t all be your clothes.
Cardamom: Oh, these are my Aromatherapy books and essential oils!
Frankincense: What! You brought your entire Aromatherapy library and essential oil collection on your trip?!
Cardamom: Well, Frankincense, what could I do? I love to travel but I still want to stay healthy naturally. I need all the great information and recipes in these books.
Frankincense: My friend, you can travel with essential oils without bringing all of that with you. You just need the Aromahead App!
Cardamom: Ohh, I love Aromahead Institute! But I did not know they made an app.
Frankincense: They have a great one! It includes all the recipes you’ll need to keep your immunity up, stay emotionally balanced, digest new and unfamiliar foods, support yourself through jet lag, and more. Then the information you need will be on your phone instead of in all those suitcases.
Frankincense pulled up the app, and the two friends found a recipe for Jet Lag Cream, to help Cardamom feel more balanced after jumping around from time zone to time zone.
Essential Oil Jet Lag Cream
- 2 oz (56 g) unscented cream
- 5 drops Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- 5 drops Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)
- 5 drops Hemlock (Tsuga canadensis)
Make your Jet Lag Cream in a 2 oz (60 ml) PET plastic jar. You can use any natural unscented cream you like.
Apply it to your upper back, shoulders, arms, neck, chest, and anywhere you would feel supported. I suggest making a fresh jar of Jet Lag Cream every few weeks, since natural cream is a water-based ingredient and there are no preservatives in it.
You can travel with essential oils without taking along your entire collection! Just a few essential oils will allow you to make every recipe in the app, if you know what to substitute.
Here are my suggestions for 6 essential oils to travel with, and what you can use them for . . .
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) – Skin care, pain relief, itching, immunity, bruises, small cuts and scrapes, sleep, emotional balance, reducing germs, natural cleaning. (Lavender is great if you’re traveling with children!)
SUBSTITUTE LAVENDER in any recipe that calls for a floral oil.
- Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis) – Emotional balance, pain relief, natural cleaning, reducing germs, immunity, sniffles and sneezing, digestion, cooling down.
SUBSTITUTE SWEET ORANGE in any recipe that calls for a citrus.
- Frankincense (Boswellia carterii) – Emotional balance, sleep, skin care, bruises, small cuts and scrapes, irritation, immunity, sniffles and sneezing, reducing germs.
SUBSTITUTE FRANKINCENSE in any recipe that calls for a “resin” oil, an oil that is gentle on skin, or a relaxing “base note” oil (like Vetiver or Patchouli).
- Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) – Immunity, sniffles and sneezing, warming up, feeling energized, pain relief, digestion, natural cleaning.
SUBSTITUTE CARDAMOM in any recipe that calls for a warm, spicy oil.
- Hemlock (Tsuga canadensis) – Pain relief, natural cleaning, immunity, sniffles and sneezing, feeling energized.
SUBSTITUTE HEMLOCK in any recipe that calls for a conifer or piney essential oil.
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) – Natural cleaning, small cuts and scrapes, skin care, reducing germs, immunity, sniffles and sneezing, clearing your head, feeling energized.
SUBSTITUTE TEA TREE in any recipe that calls for a fresh, leafy oil (like Eucalyptus) or an herbal oil (like Thyme).
Did you notice how versatile all of these 6 essential oils for travel are? They are all good for so many different things! Just a small 5 ml bottle of each one can make you feel like you have an all-natural “first-aid kit” with you wherever you go. (Jet Lag Cream is just the beginning of what you can make!)
If you have the Aromahead App and these 6 essential oils, you’ll be all set! Even if a recipe in the app calls for a different essential oil, you can substitute one of these and still make an effective version of the recipe.