Roman Chamomile essential oil understands how miserable belly cramps can be.
Even if you experience them each month, their regularity doesn’t make them any easier.
Roman Chamomile wants to help! It’s one of the most well-known essential oils for cramps. In fact, using Roman Chamomile for belly pain helped me realize that I wanted to dedicate my life to studying and teaching about Aromatherapy.
Here’s what happened . . . One day, I had a lot of tension in my belly, and it was making me very uncomfortable and kind of ruining my day. But I’d recently gotten a new bottle of Roman Chamomile essential oil. I put one drop in some jojoba and rubbed it into my belly and low back. The tension seemed to just dissolve.
I can remember looking at the little bottle in my hand and realizing how much potential essential oils had that I wasn’t even aware of. It was the first step of a beautiful journey for me! Roman Chamomile is still one of my favorite essential oils for cramps (or any kind of stomach discomfort).
I used it in this “Cramp Calm Cream” recipe I created for my book, The Heart of Aromatherapy: An Easy-to-Use Guide for Essential Oils, and I want to share it with anyone who needs it.
Roman Chamomile’s “Cramp Calm Cream”
- 1 oz (28 g) beeswax (Cera alba)
- 2 oz (60 ml) jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis)
- 2 oz (56 g) cocoa butter (Theobroma cacao)
- 2 oz (56 g) coconut oil (Cocos nucifera)
- 21 drops Cardamom essential oil (Elettaria cardamomum)
- 14 drops Basil ct. linalool essential oil (Ocimum basilicum linalool)
- 21 drops distilled Lime essential oil (Citrus aurantifolia)
- 28 drops Roman Chamomile essential oil (Chamaemelum nobile)
You’ll need four 2 oz (60 ml) glass jars for this blend.
- Set up the “Stovetop Melting Method.” Put a Pyrex measuring cup in a soup pot that’s ¼ full of gently boiling water.
- Put the beeswax in the Pyrex and melt.
- Put the cocoa butter in the Pyrex and melt.
- Add the jojoba and coconut oil. Melt.
- Remove the melted butter from heat and add the essential oils, stirring gently with a glass stirring rod or the handle of a stainless steel spoon.
- Pour the blend into your glass jars.
Allow it to solidify before rubbing this blend into your belly and low back.
You can also use these essential oils for cramps in an inhaler. It can be comforting to take slow, deep breaths of the oils and allow your body to simply relax into the breathing. Just be sure to stick with 15 drops total of essential oil.
If you make the Cramp Calm Cream, Roman Chamomile would love to know how it works for you! Leave a comment and let us know.