With 5 Powerhouse Essential Oils for Cold and Flu
I want to share 5 essential oils for cold and flu that have been researched and proven to help prevent symptoms.
You can make so many blends with just these 5 oils!
I’ll also explain WHY these oils are so effective and share 2 recipes, so you can start supporting your immunity right away.
Here are the 5 essential oils for cold and flu prevention:
- Tea Tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Eucalyptus essential oil (Eucalyptus globulus)
- Frankincense essential oil (Boswellia carterii)
- Sweet Orange essential oil (Citrus sinensis)
How can you use these essential oil cold and flu blends?
Try a simple inhaler with Eucalyptus and Sweet Orange, to carry with you and use throughout the day. (It fits right in your pocket!)
Or diffuse Frankincense and Lavender to help purify the air and reduce germs.
One of my favorite cold and flu blends is from my 3-hour video class, “How to Protect Your Family from Cold and Flu with Essential Oils.”
It’s a diffuser blend called…
No One Gets Sick in This House!
- 6 drops Sweet Orange essential oil (Citrus sinensis)
- 5 drops Eucalyptus essential oil (Eucalyptus globulus)
- 5 drops Tea Tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Diffuse this blend periodically throughout the day to keep your energy and immunity strong.
When evening sets in, you can switch over to a nighttime version. This cold and flu essential oil blend is just as preventive, but it’s a little more relaxing (rather than energizing).
Everyone Gets a Good Night’s Sleep
- 8 drops Frankincense essential oil (Boswellia carterii)
- 6 drops Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
- 4 drops Sweet Orange essential oil (Citrus sinensis)
These essential oils for cold and flu have been well researched.
Here’s a bit of simple science to help you understand just how they help support immunity and keep you and your family healthy.
- Tea Tree – Contains terpinen-4-ol, a potent natural component for reducing germs
- Lavender – Full of nourishing linalyl acetate, shown to calm stress and inflammation
- Eucalyptus – Famous for high quantities of 1,8-cineole, which can help clear congestion
- Frankincense – High in a-pinene, known to reduce germs and soothe inflammation
- Sweet Orange – Rich in d-limonene, proven to support immunity and reduce germs
You can learn more ways to use these essential oils for cold and flu in Aromahead’s video class… “How to Protect Your Family from Cold and Flu Using Essential Oils.”
It’s a 3-hour video class that will teach you how to support your family’s immunity, or to get over cold and flu symptoms more quickly if they do set in.
Each blend in the class has a child-safe version (with adjusted oils and drop counts for kids), and you’ll learn how to choose good essential oil substitutions for each recipe. You can watch the class on your own schedule, as many times as you like—it’s great to take a “refresher course” when next year’s cold and flu season comes around. (It’s so empowering to have this knowledge if you can’t get to a doctor as quickly as you’d like.)
Breathe deeply and enjoy the winter!
Note: This post was originally published in January of 2017. It has since been updated with even more relevant information.
Topics: cold, cold and flu, Recipes and Blends, essential oils and sleep, Natural remedies for sleep, essential oils for colds, essential oils flu, essential oils sick, what essential oils to use when sick, diffuse essential oils, best essential oils to diffuse