Created a Great Body Butter for Pain Relief With Juniper Berry.
Did you know that Juniper Berry essential oil is great for pain relief? When experiencing sore and achy joints, make an Aromatherapy body butter for pain relief.
Juniper Berry eases joint pain, releasing tension from sore muscles, and even soothing all-over body aches that can set in during a cold or the flu.
This recipe with Juniper Berry is inspired by my book, The Heart of Aromatherapy.
This body butter for pain relief recipe comes right from the book. It’s made with natural butters and conifer essential oils to help calm inflammation, release tension, and support immunity . . . PERFECT for when you’ve got joint or muscle pain and want to feel better all over!
My Body Feels Better All Over Butter
- 1 oz (28 g) beeswax (Cera alba)
- 2 oz (60 ml) jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis)
- 2 oz (56 g) cocoa butter (Theobroma cacao)
- 2 oz (56 g) coconut oil (Cocos nucifera)
- 32 drops Piñon Pine essential oil (Pinus edulis)
- 27 drops Black Spruce essential oil (Picea mariana)
- 32 drops Juniper essential oil (Juniperus communis)
- 17 drops Hemlock essential oil (Tsuga canadensis)
This recipe makes 7 oz (196 g) of body butter for pain relief, so you’ll need four 2 oz (60 ml) glass jars to hold it.
- Set up the “Stovetop Melting Method” by placing a Pyrex measuring cup in a soup pot that’s ¼ full of gently boiling water.
- Put the beeswax in the Pyrex and melt.
- Add the cocoa butter and melt.
- Add the coconut oil and jojoba and melt, stirring gently with a glass stirring rod or the handle of a stainless steel spoon.
- Remove the blend from heat and add the essential oils, stirring gently.
- Pour your body butter for pain relief into your glass jars. It will continue to firm up over the next 24 hours.
I designed this body butter for pain relief when you have a cold or flu . . . but it’s good for so much more! Try it for sore muscles or joint pain. It can help to calm inflammation, support your immune system, and get your energy circulating so you feel more vital and present.
You can actually use the base of this body butter as a carrier for many different essential oil blends. (That means just blend the beeswax, jojoba, cocoa butter, and coconut oil—that’s what I mean by the “base.”) Add Vetiver essential oil to it for a bedtime body butter, or use Sweet Orange for a delicious-smelling, energizing body butter. Get creative and make it your own!
If you liked learning about Juniper essential oil you’re going to LOVE The Heart of Aromatherapy!
It includes 40 essential oil profiles done in a story-telling style, which are also full of information. The book also has over 100 recipes, and stories about my visits to distillers and farmers. I would be honored if you’d add The Heart of Aromatherapy to your Aromatherapy library!
Topics: Aromatherapy and Massage, aromatherapy for massage, pain relief with essential oils, essential oils for pain, essential oils for back pain, natural remedy for back pain, essential oils for joint pain