Aromahead Institute’s Botanica2018 raffle raised just over $19,000 (wow!) for the essential oil distillers below to come to the conference!
Marco Valussi from The Gadoi Project
Marco is from Italy, where he helped to start The Gadoi Project. Gadoi is helping to restore traditional aromatic plant production in the impoverished, mountainous regions of Italy. They create networks with regional producers and work to improve the economy of the region. Gadoi’s products are all organic, made with local, indigenous plants, and have a short, fully traceable production chain. GC/MS reports are provided for all of their oils, as well as heavy metal and pesticide reports. You can learn more about The Gadoi Project here.
Judson and Anne Carleton from Morning Myst Botanics
Judson and Anne run Morning Myst Botanics in Washington State, where they produce hydrosols on their USDA certified organic family farm. Here is what they say about their business . . . “We believe quality hydrosols begin with excellent plants and careful processing. Most of our hydrosols begin as seeds and cuttings that we carefully plant and care for, for months or even years before they make it to the stills.” Visit their website here.
Saad Admani from Moonstar Admani Rose
Saad Admani will be coming to Botanica from Pakistan, and is with Moonstar Admani Rose/Arabian Jasmine Gardens. They are the primary growers of Rose and Jasmine in the entire Indus region. They have also started a project to boost their local economy and educate the community on the traditional cultivation of Rose, the Indus Valley Rose Sustainability Project. They sell traditionally distilled Indus Valley Rosa centifolia and Arabian Jasmine hydrosol, made fresh from their gardens . . . and this is just one aspect of Moonstar Admani and the many natural products they sell. Click here to learn more about Moonstar Admani Rose.
Aromahead created this raffle to allow these small-scale producers to participate at Botanica2018.
100% of the proceeds are going to the distillers' flights to the conference, as well as their room and board. Below is a list of winners and the prize(s) they won from each company:
- Donna W. (Georgetown, TX): 21 Drops Natural Wellness Gift Set; Detox 8mL roll-on; Passion 8mL roll-on; DeStress 15 mL diffusing oil; and 2 oz Natural Bug Spray.
- Vashti K. (Dulles, TX): One year subscription to AromaCulture Magazine and a set of all essential oil and herbal profiles
- Eve J. (Birmingham, MI), Kim K. (Pensacola, FL), and Ann M. (Nazareth, PA): Aromatic Wisdom Institute's newest online course "Hydrosols for Health". This self-paced training will guide you to confidently purchase hydrosols from qualified sources and understand how to easily and practically include them in your personal life and professional wellness practice.
- Tammy W. (Highland, MI) and Roberta D. (Milton, GA): Aromatics International gift certificates worth $150 each
- Marie L. (Antioch, IL): A.S. Apothecary's A Little Box of Indulgence; a full-size Wild Beauty Balm; a Geranium Aromatics Water; a facial serum; and a mint and charcoal soap.
- Alisha H. (Manchester, NH): One year membership to Circle H Institute as a Hydrosol Supporter, which includes access to the members-only website, free submission of 1 hydrosol sample for GC-MS analysis or 5 free microbiology tests during membership year; an autographed copy of "Harvest to Hydrosol" written by Ann Harman; and an Alchemy poster.
- Stephanie E. (Salisbury, NC): 5L column alembic still from CopperStills.
- Beth J. (Tickfaw, LA): Aromatherapy Consultation with Essential Education International owner Christina Polnyj
- Pamela V. (Tallahassee, AL): Four Aroma-Spheres with 5 ml. Essential Oil Blend from Essential Elements
- Pam B. (Highview, WV), Beverly W. (DeLand, FL), Lindsay G. (Harpers Ferry, WV), Danielle P. (Endicott, NY), Aba W. (Iorton, VA), Gloria L. (Antioch, CA), Grace Z. (Indianapolis, IN), Jamie D. (Ashley, IN), Carolyn F. (Fairburn, GA), and Tamra J. (Houston, TX): each winner receives a bundle of proceedings from botanica 2012, 2014 and 2016, provided by Essential Oil Resource Consultants.
- Zoe N. (Victoria, AU), Vicki S. (British Columbia, CA), and Marie L. (Antioch, IL): each winner will recive a detailed, comprehensive consultation with ITHMA Founder Gabriel Mojay
- Danielle V. (Western Australia, AU): One 1-year subscription to LabAroma
- Chrystyna P. (North Royalton, OH): a gift set from PhiBee Aromatics of 5 mL bottles of Arizona Corkbark Fir, Douglas Fir, Sub Alpine Fir, White Fir, Blue Spruce, Pinyon Pine, Pinyon Pine Cone, White Pine and White Pine Cone
- James A. (Mediapolis, IA): Chakra Synergies Essential Oil Set and AromaFuse Diffuser from Plant Therapy
- Paula T. (Simsbury, CT): Stillpoint Aromatics gift certificate valued at $250, which is good for anything on the website including workshops.
- Samantha V. (N. Bennington, VT): Rejuvenating Serum, Regenerating Cleanser, Smoothing Body Scrub, Restorative Eye Cream, Aromatherapy Stress Treatment from Tata Harper
- Karen K. (Pollock Pines, CA): a gift set from W Fleur Aroma that includes Fleur de Lis Noir Collection coconut and soy candle; Nourishing Body Serum; Coconut Milk & Lavender Bath Salts; All-Natural Lavender Flower Bar Soap; Lavender Rose Patchouli Lotion Candle; Spa Treatment Elixir for Hair & Scalp; Spa Treatment Elixir for Hands & Nails; Best Nights Sleep Ever Essential Oil Synergy Blend; and AromaHarmony Diffuser (total retail value of $200)
To everyone who purchased tickets for the raffle and the companies who donated prizes, we're sending you a huge thank you and a big hug! We appreciate your support with this raffle, and we're so excited that sufficient funds were raised to send the distillers to Botanica.
If you'd like to attend the Botanica conference to meet the three distillers, you can find more information at their website: www.botanica2018.com