[Update: the raffle is now closed!]
I am pretty excited about writing this post!
Every other year when the Botanica conference comes around, Aromahead holds a raffle so three essential oil distillers can attend. It’s so much fun!
Let me tell you a bit about Botanica2018—it’s an international conference about natural, plant-based medicine and therapies. It’s being held August 31 to September 3, 2018 in Brighton, England at the University of Sussex.
I love Botanica! It always feels like a very special event where people from a wide variety of fields come together to share their knowledge and support each other’s work—Aromatherapists, herbalists, scientists, medical professionals, and even essential oil distillers and farmers.
This is a great event for distillers and farmers, because our love for essential oils and Aromatherapy just wouldn’t be possible without them. At the conference they can meet the Aromatherapists who use their oils, learn about innovative practices and research, and even potentially make great business connections.
Aromahead is so happy to be sponsoring 3 distillers to attend Botanica2018 by holding an Aromatherapy raffle!
Marco is from Italy, where he helped to start The Gadoi Project. Gadoi is all about restoring the traditional aromatic plant production of the impoverished, mountainous regions of Italy. They create networks with regional producers, and work to improve the economy of the region. Gadoi’s products are all organic, made with local, indigenous plants, and have a short, fully traceable production chain. GC/MS reports are provided for all of their oils, as well as heavy metal and pesticide reports.
JUDSON and ANNE CARLETON
Judson and Anne run Morning Myst Botanics in Washington State, where they produce hydrosols on their USDA certified organic family farm. Here is what they say about their business . . . “We believe quality hydrosols begin with excellent plants and careful processing. Most of our hydrosols begin as seeds and cuttings that we carefully plant and care for, for months or even years before they make it to the stills.”
Saad Admani will be coming to Botanica from Pakistan, and is with Moonstar Admani Rose/Arabian Jasmine Gardens. They are the primary growers of Rose and Jasmine in the entire Indus region. They have also started a project to boost their local economy and educate the community on the traditional cultivation of Rose, the Indus Valley Rose Sustainability Project. They sell traditionally distilled Indus Valley Rosa centifolia and Arabian Jasmine hydrosol, made fresh from their gardens . . . and this is just one aspect of Moonstar Admani and the many natural products they sell.
Want to help bring these amazing distillers to Botanica2018, and have a chance to win great Aromatherapy prizes in the process?
The raffle prizes are all donated from amazing people and organizations in the Aromatherapy profession. I think a raffle is such a beautiful way to support distillers. It’s a “win-win-win” situation . . . the distillers get to attend the conference, the people who donated prizes get more awareness for their companies and services, and all the raffle winners get excellent prizes!
There are going to be a lot of raffle winners! You can purchase as many tickets as you like to have a good chance at getting a prize.
Here are the prizes this year:
- 21 Drops: 21 Drops Natural Wellness Gift Set; Detox 8mL roll-on; Passion 8mL roll-on; DeStress 15 mL diffusing oil; and 2 oz Natural Bug Spray.
- AromaCulture Magazine: One year subscription to AromaCulture Magazine and a set of all essential oil and herbal profiles
- Aromatic Wisdom Institute: Three winners will receive founder Liz Fulcher's newest online course "Hydrosols for Health". This self-paced training will guide you to confidently purchase hydrosols from qualified sources and understand how to easily and practically include them in your personal life and professional wellness practice. (course value is $197)
- Aromatics International: 2 gift certificates worth $150 each (2 winners)
- A.S. Aromatherapy: A Little Box of Indulgence; a full-size Wild Beauty Balm; a Geranium Aromatics Water; a facial serum; and a mint and charcoal soap (approximately 170 euros total value)
- Circle H Institute: One year membership as a Hydrosol Supporter, which includes access to the members-only website, free submission of 1 hydrosol sample for GC-MS analysis or 5 free microbiology tests during membership year; an autographed copy of "Harvest to Hydrosol" written by Ann Harman; and an Alchemy poster
- Copperstills: 5L column alembic still (valued at $565)
- Essential Education International: Aromatherapy Consultation with owner Christina Polnyj
- Essential Elements: Four Aroma-Spheres with 5 ml. Essential Oil Blend
- Essential Oil Resource Consultants: 10 bundles of proceedings from botanica 2012, 2014 and 2016 valued at 300 euros (10 winners)
- Institute of Traditional Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy: a detailed, comprehensive consultation with ITHMA Founder Gabriel Mojay (3 winners)
- LabAroma: One 1-year subscription to LabAroma
- PhiBee Aromatics: a gift set of 5 mL bottles of Arizona Corkbark Fir, Douglas Fir, Sub Alpine Fir, White Fir, Blue Spruce, Pinyon Pine, Pinyon Pine Cone, White Pine and White Pine Cone
- Plant Therapy: Chakra Synergies Essential Oil Set and AromaFuse Diffuser ($159.90 total value)
- Stillpoint Aromatics: Gift certificate valued at $250, which is good for anything on the website including workshops.
- Tata Harper: Rejuvenating Serum, Regenerating Cleanser, Smoothing Body Scrub, Restorative Eye Cream, Aromatherapy Stress Treatment (total retail value of approximately $400)
- W Fleur Aroma: Fleur de Lis Noir Collection coconut and soy candle; Nourishing Body Serum; Coconut Milk & Lavender Bath Salts; All-Natural Lavender Flower Bar Soap; Lavender Rose Patchouli Lotion Candle; Spa Treatment Elixir for Hair & Scalp; Spa Treatment Elixir for Hands & Nails; Best Nights Sleep Ever Essential Oil Synergy Blend; and AromaHarmony Diffuser (total retail value of $200)
Did you see anything on that list that you’d like to win? Maybe more than one thing?
As I mentioned, you can buy more tickets to have more chances of winning. Every ticket you buy goes to support our wonderful distillers to attend the conference.
I hope you can be involved . . . and tell your friends who love Aromatherapy!
[Update: the raffle is now closed!]