Feeling blue? Try this DIY essential oil blend for emotions
Have you ever felt more positive and peaceful after spending time in nature?
Around trees and flowers and plants?
It’s an almost magical ability that nature has to inspire a good mood!
Essential oils concentrate this effect, so we can experience nature’s emotional support in just a few drops.
Let’s talk about 3 essential oils for a good mood, why they work, and how you can use them in a convenient, easy-to-make DIY blend for emotions.
3 Essential Oils for a Good Mood
- Cypress essential oil (Cupressus sempervirens)
- Fragonia™ essential oil (Agonis fragrans)
- Neroli essential oil (Citrus aurantium var. amara)
Cypress essential oil offers security and emotional support through transitions and change.
You’ll love it if you’re moving houses, changing jobs, or have experienced loss. Cypress knows how to comfort us, while helping our minds and hearts focus on inspired new directions.
Fragonia™ essential oil comes from Australia, and has a sweet, spicy, citrusy scent that’s sooo intoxicating! (The aroma alone can put you in a good mood!)
It contains some of the same components as Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia), and has an impressive ability to soothe the nervous system and stir up stagnant, blocked emotional energy.
Neroli essential oil is steam distilled from the beautiful, white, aromatic flowers of orange trees.
It’s intensely relaxing for a peaceful, good mood—a great essential oil for when worries or overthinking are interrupting your good night’s sleep. If you find yourself struggling with hot emotions (such as anger or anxiety), Neroli could be a very helpful essential oil for you.
Now you know about 3 essential oils for a good mood, and why they’re helpful.
Ready to make a simple, DIY essential oil blend?
Sweeten Those Emotions!
- 9 ml Jojoba wax (Simmondsia chinensis)
- 2 drops Cypress essential oil (Cupressus sempervirens)
- 2 drops Fragonia™ essential oil (Agonis fragrans)
- 2 drops Neroli essential oil (Citrus aurantium var. amara)
- Make your blend in a 10 ml roll-on bottle.
- Put the jojoba wax into the bottle. (Jojoba is often called an “oil,” but it’s actually a liquid wax!)
- Add the essential oil drops, then pop the roller ball top into place.
- Roll the essential oils blend gently between your hands to mix it together.
This DIY essential oil blend has a floral, fresh, slightly woodsy aroma that can help you feel like you’ve spent a calm afternoon in the woods.
Another must-have essential oil for emotional support is Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia).
Learn how to use it (and why it works) in our Lavender Spotlight Class!
In this convenient video class, you’ll:
… Discover what makes Lavender the most popular essential oil in the world
… Make powerful yet gentle recipes to calm anxiety, nourish skin, clean without toxins, care for kids, and more
… Learn to blend Lavender safely with 8 other essential oils, so you can fully customize your daily routines with essential oils
… And more!
Do you have other favorite essential oils for a good mood?
I would love to know what works for you. (And your experiences might help others!) Share your favorites in the comments.