I love citrus essential oils!
When I open a bottle of Grapefruit, Yuzu, distilled Lime, Tangerine, or Lemon and breathe it in, I can’t help but smile, and I feel my body releasing stress. It just makes me happy!
I want my home to be a comforting, welcoming, and healthy place for my friends and family, and diffusing citrus essential oils helps me create that ambiance. If you have guests over, try diffusing citrus oils before and during their visit! You can see their faces light up as they walk in and get a whiff of the fresh, citrusy air.
Citrus essential oils not only make the air smell fresher—they actually help clean the air by reducing airborne microbes. Breathing in the oils can also support respiratory health and reduce allergies. I talk about citrus essential oils (among others) in my FREE allergy webinar, “Reduce Allergies Naturally.” On the webinar, we make cleaning products, hand cleansers, and more. (These recipes helped me overcome my allergies for the long term!)
Here are some of my favorite citrus diffuser blends for you to try:
- 7 drops Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi)
- 2 drops Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- 2 drops Geranium (Pelargonium roseum x asperum)
Lime and Lavender
- 6 drops distilled Lime (Citrus aurantifolia)
- 4 drops Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- 6 drops Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)
- 1 drop Lemon (Citrus limon)
- 2 drops Yuzu (Citrus junos)
- 5 drops Tangerine (Citrus tangerina)
- 3 drops Mandarin (Citrus reticulata)
- 2 drops Neroli (Citrus aurantium var. amara)
Citrus essential oils diffuse well because they’re top notes. They won’t get gummy in your diffuser (the way thicker oils like Vetiver can sometimes do).
If you fall in love with one of these blends, you can make a stock bottle of it and use the blend more than once. Just get a 5 ml empty glass bottle, and multiply your recipe by five (so you have about 50 drops total). That means that if you want to make a stock blend of Tangerine Garden, you’d use:
- 25 drops Tangerine (Citrus tangerina)
- 15 drops Mandarin (Citrus reticulata)
- 10 drops Neroli (Citrus aurantium var. amara)
If you’re interested in learning more about how to blend essential oils, I invite you to join me on my free webinar, How to Use Essential Oils in Your Everyday Life! On the webinar, you’ll learn three simple, effective Aromatherapy blends: an essential oil blend to relieve headaches, a beautiful diffuser blend to support sleep, and a spray blend to clean your home…naturally! Click here to learn more and register!