This all-natural solid deodorant recipe is a sneak preview into the kinds of blends you get in Aromahead Institute’s eBook! (To purchase the Essential Living eBook, click here!)
Makes about four 1 oz (30 ml) deodorant tubes.
- 1 oz (28 gm) Beeswax
- 3 oz (90 ml) Jojoba
- 20 drops Orange essential oil (Citrus sinensis)
- 20 drops Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi)
- Kitchen scale
- Pyrex-style large measuring bowl
- Medium stove top pot
- Glass stirring rod or spoon
- Four 1 oz deodorant tubes
Directions: Use the "Stove Top Melting Method" to liquify and combine the base carriers.
- Place the Pyrex measuring cup in the soup pot, and fill the pot 1/4 of the way with water. Boil water, add beeswax and jojoba to Pyrex, and allow to melt.
- After removing the melted wax from heat, add the essential oils and stir.
- Immediately pour the liquid into the deodorant tubes and cover.
- Allow deodorant to solidify for at least five minutes before applying.
Alternate Essential Oil Blends for Different Aromas
Note: These blends are less concentrated, but you can double the essential oil drops if you want them more concentrated.
For a woodsy and citrus aroma:
- 10 drops Cypress essential oil
- 10 drops distilled Lime essential oil
For a floral and citrus aroma:
- 10 drops Geranium essential oil
- 10 drops Orange essential oils
Do you want to learn more about making natural body care products? Aromahead Institute's Aromatherapy for Natural Living class is a dynamic and fun way to learn, with original blending videos made by Andrea Butje (yup, that's me).