Swine flu is a huge issue in the United States and Canada this season. Many are scrambling to find vaccinations, and others are turning to Tamiflu and other over-the-counter drugs. Meanwhile, the message of natural swine flu prevention is obscured by controversy and hype!
You can take very real and effective steps at home to protect yourself and your family from the H1N1 virus and other seasonal cold and flu strains.
Here are some natural swine flu prevention tips:
- Maintain a healthy diet and stay hydrated.
- Exercise. Your body needs to be strong to fight off viruses and infections.
- Get plenty of rest!
- Practice good hand washing techniques. This is CRUCIAL. Teach your children to wash hands properly, and ask all guests entering your home to wash hands. Make your own liquid hand wash using Castile Soap.
- Keep (recycled!) paper towels in the bathroom for guests to dry hands.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers can be harsh and drying. Purchase an all natural sanitizer.
- Use a natural saline nasal rise and gargle with salt water at home if you've been to a germ-intensive place such as a grocery store or crowded mall.
- Diffuse antiviral oils at home. Try Lemon essential oil and Ravintsara essential oil or create your own antiviral mother blend to diffuse. Try our essential oil recipes for ideas.
Remember: If you or a member of your family suffers from a pre-existing condition that puts you at increased risk of infection or complications, always consult with your health care practitioner for the right course of action for you.
Check out Cindy Black's articles for more excellent natural health tips.