Essential oils are amazing when it comes to supporting immunity against colds and flu.
Winter is prime time for viruses in many parts of the world. Fortunately, essential oils offer us powerful ways to stay healthy.
There are many essential oils that can combat microbes and support health at the same time, but you don’t actually need a huge collection. There are five “powerhouse oils” that you can make so many blends with!
These five powerhouse oils are:
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
- Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)
- Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)
You can diffuse Frankincense and Lavender throughout the day to help destroy airborne microbes. Your house will be healthier and will smell amazing!
Or make a simple inhaler with Eucalyptus and Sweet Orange, so you can carry it with you and use it throughout the day.
One of my favorite recipes is from my three-hour video class, “How To Protect Your Family from Colds and Flu.”
It’s a diffuser blend called. . .
No One Gets Sick in This House!
- 5 drops Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
- 5 drops Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- 6 drops Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)
This blend is great for diffusing throughout the day. When evening sets in, I switch over to the nighttime version, which is a little less stimulating (but no less immune-supportive!). That one is called. . .
Everyone Gets a Good Night’s Sleep
- 6 drops Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- 8 drops Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)
- 4 drops Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)
If you want to check out the three-hour video class, click here. Each blend in “How To Protect Your Family from Colds and Flu” has a children’s version with adjusted oils and drop counts, and you’ll learn how to identify good essential oil substitutions for each recipe. The video class is $50, and you can watch it as many times as you like. It's great to take a “refresher course” when next year’s cold and flu season comes around!
Breathe deep and enjoy winter!